Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Newest Obsession

I'm fortunate in that I have only a mildly addictive personality - I obsess briefly over something, then move on. This grand new invention called the Internet has offered me the chance for many an obsession. I have spent countless hours playing minesweeper, solitaire, Zuma, RollerCoaster Tycoon, and Tetras - though its been years since I've played any. I have 242 movies in my Netflix queue despite not having added any since the new year. I religiously downloaded my new music every Tuesday for several months as I'd scan and rearrange my itunes. Cruised eBay, amazon.com, and shopforchange for bargains I couldn't afford. And still enter every book I read into my Goodreads account (I believe I'm at 64 since New Years 2008).

My newest check-three-times-a-day site is Facebook. I've been hearing about it for a few years - actually even opened up an account sometime last summer - but never really saw the attraction. Then I started getting invites from friends I hadn't heard from in years, finding out what they're up to, and can't leave it alone.

I think I need to figure out a way to become obsessed with eating carrots and jogging.

No comments: